So I don’t know how the weather has been where you’re at but here it’s been kinda rainy these past few days. It will also be sandal season as soon as this all clears up so why not give yourself a little pedi love??!!!
What if I told you that you to can get salon like results at home? Well a few little tricks can help you get just that!
- Be sure to gather everything you need. There’s nothing worst than having to get up to get something.
- Soak. Let your feet soften up a bit in some nice warm water. Add in some foot salts for cleansing
- Use a scrub. You can make one or buy one. This just helps slough off some of the dead skin. Feel free to use your pumice stone to help remove dead skin.
- Remove the calluses. Ahhh the dreaded callus. This is the biggest problem we run into with our feet. It’s even worst if you do a lot of standing or activity while on your feet. I use this stuff called Callus Eliminator and its amazing! To boost the effectiveness put it all over your feet especially in the heels and the balls of the feet and then wrap your feet in saran wrap. I picked this trick up on my last trip to New York City and it works. It keeps the Callus Eliminator in place to soften the skin where it needs it most. Let it sit for a few minutes then rinse and use your pumice stone and/or foot file to really remove the calluses.
- Massage Aaaahhhhh. Ok so giving yourself a massage isn’t the most relaxing thing to do but it still feels good! Use a cream or coconut oil to put the moisture back in. You can even get the cooling gel that many salons use to further soothe those achy legs.
Everything else from here is pretty self explanatory. You can paint your toes or not! I did this today while watching CSI Miami reruns and my feet are thanking me for it. To keep your salon like results up at home keep your pumice stone handy and every other day or so just go over your feet. This process is great if your nail tech is booked and you really need a pedi or if you just want to relax! Enjoy Beauties!!!