Imagine that you’ve won a trip to a tropical island but you had to leave in the next few hours. Aside from getting your clothes and shoes together you have to figure out what of your beauty products you are going to take. This can be such a task with all the shadows and lipsticks and such that are out there. I mean it’s imperative that you have everything you need right??!! But let’s just say that you don’t have enough time to fully plan out your looks. This could be a huge issue! Or is it? Really there are only 6 things I really need when it comes to my makeup routine. Everything else is just an added bonus.
1. Facial Cleansing Wipes. It’s sticky and muggy on this island. The humidity alone will keep your skin moistened. I would use the face wipes in the morning and again at night to cleanse my skin of oil and makeup. This way you don’t run into any extra breakouts because who needs that on vacay? I’ve been using Almay oil free wipes.
2. Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF. Need I say more? It’s an absolute must have item. You can’t be outside in the sun with no protection. It greatly reduces your risk for skin cancer and besides the sun will quickly age your skin. Nobody wants to look older than they are. Pictured is the High Resolution Refill 3X by Lancome.
3. Concealer. A little goes a long way. Only use it where needed so you don’t have to later your face up with foundation. Plus you don’t want to have a cake face on the island! I swear by Milani’s Secret Cover Concealer which provides amazing coverage at an amazing price!
4. Eyebrow Pencil/Powder. Whichever one you use! Brows frame your face and so never leave home without them. I love Anastasia’s Brow Wiz but lately I’ve been using Chanel.
5. Black Eyeliner. I like to line my inner rims to give my eyes definition. If you smudge your liner you can also give yourself a smokey eye that’s quick and easy to do. I got this Stila liner in a makeup kit from Ulta not too long ago and I love it!
6. Mascara. Just like brows I never leave home without it. It’s amazing what having lashes can do for your eyes. Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara is great for pumping up those lashes.
Bonus: Ok because I totally forgot about this but a lipstick that can double as a blush. Besides everyone has a tube of lipstick already in her purse!