I don’t know about you guys but last night I watched the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show which was taped in London a few weeks ago. This year I was more excited than ever because of the media frenzy leading up to the taping. All of the major mags shared pictures aboard the chartered flight to London which made all of us majorly jealous. They were greeted by VS blankets and swag bags and there was a cute pink carpet on the runway.
This years show certainly didn’t disappoint. The visuals were even more stunning, the wings were larger and the entertainment was superb. But of course I was paying attention to the makeup. According to key makeup artist Dick Page this year’s show was less focused on bronzed beauty and focused instead on a glow from within. He used minimal foundation, made sure skin was properly hydrated and that he actually used a red cream color by Kryolan to create a healthy flush in the cheek and nose area.
So angels, you too can get that lit from within glow using just a few key items.
I’m a VS Angel!
- Tinted Moisturizer. I used one from NYX which helped me hydrate my skin and give me just enough coverage to even my skin tone.
- Rosy Blush. Dick Page used a Kryolan color which is popular in theatrical makeup. However, you can get a nice flush from Benetint by Benefit. It’s a red cheek stain and looks great on multiple skin tones and can be layered for added effect.
- Taupe eye shadow works well on all skin tones and adds definition but still looks very natural. Try the Hefner Eye Shadow by Love, Beauty Cosmetics. For my look I also layered brown and black eye liner and topped it with a Rimmel mascara.
- Pink Lips. This was the theme of last night. Some pinks were soft and innocent while others were bold and brazen but they never strayed. For this look I used Honey Lust Lipstick by Love, Beauty Cosmetics and mixed it with Paint Job Lip Gloss also by Love, Beauty Cosmetics. There are also other soft pink options like Ballet Slipper and Mingle all by Love, Beauty Cosmetics.
Leave your Angel inspired pics below!
So I don’t know how the weather has been where you’re at but here it’s been kinda rainy these past few days. It will also be sandal season as soon as this all clears up so why not give yourself a little pedi love??!!!
What if I told you that you to can get salon like results at home? Well a few little tricks can help you get just that!
OMG the miracle worker for feet
- Be sure to gather everything you need. There’s nothing worst than having to get up to get something.
- Soak. Let your feet soften up a bit in some nice warm water. Add in some foot salts for cleansing
- Use a scrub. You can make one or buy one. This just helps slough off some of the dead skin. Feel free to use your pumice stone to help remove dead skin.
- Remove the calluses. Ahhh the dreaded callus. This is the biggest problem we run into with our feet. It’s even worst if you do a lot of standing or activity while on your feet. I use this stuff called Callus Eliminator and its amazing! To boost the effectiveness put it all over your feet especially in the heels and the balls of the feet and then wrap your feet in saran wrap. I picked this trick up on my last trip to New York City and it works. It keeps the Callus Eliminator in place to soften the skin where it needs it most. Let it sit for a few minutes then rinse and use your pumice stone and/or foot file to really remove the calluses.
- Massage Aaaahhhhh. Ok so giving yourself a massage isn’t the most relaxing thing to do but it still feels good! Use a cream or coconut oil to put the moisture back in. You can even get the cooling gel that many salons use to further soothe those achy legs.
Everything else from here is pretty self explanatory. You can paint your toes or not! I did this today while watching CSI Miami reruns and my feet are thanking me for it. To keep your salon like results up at home keep your pumice stone handy and every other day or so just go over your feet. This process is great if your nail tech is booked and you really need a pedi or if you just want to relax! Enjoy Beauties!!!
OK Don’t judge. It’s not the best angle but you get the point!