I am the type of person who loves bright crazy nails!!! Being an esthetician I have to keep mine natural and pretty short so I don’t scratch anyone but I admire stiletto nails and other trends. One thing I had not ever done was a neutral color polish. I used to think it was a boring thing that only conservative women wear. Boy was I wrong.
Going through one of my many monthly beauty mag subscriptions I came across some various nail trends. One thing that people are doing more of is the classic demure nude nail. So being a beauty blogger, I decided to try it out. There are two colors in the OPI 2014 Brazil Collection; Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around and Taupe-less Beach. I opted for the latter because the first one was sold out.
I must say I’m very happy with the color. It’s not so nude that it looks washed out but not too dark either. It’s a great spring/summer color for hands and toes! I also have Toucan Do It If You Try (seriously who thinks of these names!) which is a really pretty coral/orange that looks amazing as well. I am in love with this whole collection! The polish retails for $9.00 and can be found at Ulta!
So I don’t know how the weather has been where you’re at but here it’s been kinda rainy these past few days. It will also be sandal season as soon as this all clears up so why not give yourself a little pedi love??!!!
What if I told you that you to can get salon like results at home? Well a few little tricks can help you get just that!
OMG the miracle worker for feet
- Be sure to gather everything you need. There’s nothing worst than having to get up to get something.
- Soak. Let your feet soften up a bit in some nice warm water. Add in some foot salts for cleansing
- Use a scrub. You can make one or buy one. This just helps slough off some of the dead skin. Feel free to use your pumice stone to help remove dead skin.
- Remove the calluses. Ahhh the dreaded callus. This is the biggest problem we run into with our feet. It’s even worst if you do a lot of standing or activity while on your feet. I use this stuff called Callus Eliminator and its amazing! To boost the effectiveness put it all over your feet especially in the heels and the balls of the feet and then wrap your feet in saran wrap. I picked this trick up on my last trip to New York City and it works. It keeps the Callus Eliminator in place to soften the skin where it needs it most. Let it sit for a few minutes then rinse and use your pumice stone and/or foot file to really remove the calluses.
- Massage Aaaahhhhh. Ok so giving yourself a massage isn’t the most relaxing thing to do but it still feels good! Use a cream or coconut oil to put the moisture back in. You can even get the cooling gel that many salons use to further soothe those achy legs.
Everything else from here is pretty self explanatory. You can paint your toes or not! I did this today while watching CSI Miami reruns and my feet are thanking me for it. To keep your salon like results up at home keep your pumice stone handy and every other day or so just go over your feet. This process is great if your nail tech is booked and you really need a pedi or if you just want to relax! Enjoy Beauties!!!
OK Don’t judge. It’s not the best angle but you get the point!
Have you heard the rave reviews of Coconut Oil? There are so many people who absolutely swear by this stuff so I had to check it out for myself. You know I am always skeptical of “miracle products” and I question whether a product really lives up to its hype.
Each jar is around $7 and you can get it at the grocery store. Visit www.nianoelle.com to read my full review and see if coconut oil gets rated Fab or Fad!
My friends and family always turn to me when they have questions about beauty. They ask about the best products and procedures. And now you can too! No question is too big or too small! Don’t be shy!!
When it comes to waxing down there many women get shy and understandably so. So many people ask me what getting a Brazilian wax is like. I’m always truthful. It does not feel that great but it’s not the worst pain in the world and the pain is over pretty quick. Here’s a quick checklist I always give to everyone who gets one:
1. Prep yourself. Take a pain reliever up to an hour before the service. Some people feel this helps cut down on how much pain you experience during the wax.
2. Ask your waxer if they have a numbing agent. There are so many numbing creams that work well and start working in a matter of minutes.
3. Pull. Tight. Your waxer will put you in various positions to make hair removal easier. Pull your skin as taught as possible as this alleviates the pain and reduces the risk of tearing your skin.
4. Get the Backside done. As in your rear. Just trust me it’s worth it!
5. Take care of the results. One thing I always try to stress to my friends and client alike is the importance of aftercare. If you want to reduce the chance of getting ingrowns follow all post care instructions. Use TendSkin or Finipil. They are great at keeping your Brazilian wax free from ingrowns and breakouts.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. That’s what we are here for!!!! I am never offended if a client has a question about a service they are going to receive. I will let you know what kind of wax I use and why I’m using a certain technique. It’s a major red flag if your esthtetician is unwilling to answer your questions. You are the client and you kinda help pay our bills!!! We want to keep you happy!
7. Keep getting them done. Period. You can adjust how much hair you want or if you want a landing strip instead of a triangle with each appointment. However, you will get the best results if you keep getting them done. The hair will grow back finer, each wax will get easier and you will look forward to your next waxing appointment.
To submit your question please fill out the form on the contact us page. All questions will remain anonymous.
Hi there and welcome to The Love Beauty Project!!! I had the chance of trying out the new long lasting lip colors from Too Faced!! They join the ranks of Makeup Forever, Stila, Cover Girl and more in the world of lip colors that last. They’ve got some vibrant colors that are perfect for the spring and summer. I had such a hard time picking out just one!
Too Faced’s Melted lip colors are packaged in a tube that is angled. It’s almost like a lip gloss tube. The design helps make sure the color goes on in the places that you want. It feels much like a gloss and is designed to be a stain, gloss, and lip stick in one.
When I put it on it definitely felt like a gloss. In fact I had to blot some down!!! The color payoff was phenomenal. I love how vibrant and pigmented the colors are. What you see is truly what you get. I got the most compliments from the Melted Fuchsia and Melted Violet.
Too Faced’s Melted Lipcolors L-R Melted Fuchsia, Melted Coral, Melted Violet and Melted Peony
After a little while the color was still vibrant but the glossy feeling wore off. Now this is great news for my girls who love lip color but not gloss. However, for myself and others with dry lips, it’s not so great. I had to put on gloss which took away from the impact of the original color. I also found that after any meal, the color didn’t last. I think this questions the credibility of long lasting. I have used other brands that will last through a meal and definitely longer than 5 hours without having to re apply.
Overall the best thing going is the color. The payoff is great. However it’s not long lasting as it claims. It definitely won’t make it through a meal. For the price ($21) there are other brands that last longer and are still hydrating to lips. In my opinion this product is a FAD and I don’t think I would repurchase it. This doesn’t take away the fact that I still love the colors.